WHY BECOME A MEMBER OF IPS?
The Iowa Psychiatric Society comprises over 210 psychiatrists from all areas of the state. Membership in IPS offers a variety of benefits for you, your patients and your practice.
- Advocacy on proposed legislation and regulations on confidentiality, mental health insurance parity, and other timely issues.
- Continuing medical education through annual IPS sponsored programs.
- Opportunity to collaborate with colleagues to address psychiatric issues.
- Quarterly issues of the award-winning newsletter "The Iowa Psychiatrist".
- Access to IPS staff to express opinions and seek assistance.
- Benefits of membership in APA, including the American Professionals Agency, Inc., medical malpractice insurance specifically designed for psychiatrists.