WHY BECOME A MEMBER OF IPS?
The Iowa Psychiatric Society represents psychiatrists of all specialties across Iowa. Membership offers benefits for you, your patients, and your practice.
Become a member
- Advocacy on proposed legislation and regulations on confidentiality, mental health insurance parity, and other timely issues.
- Continuing medical education through annual IPS sponsored programs.
- Opportunity to collaborate with colleagues to address psychiatric issues.
- Monthly publication of the IPS update.
- Leadership opportunities
- Networking, collaboration, and peer support opportunities
- Representation in the mental health and medical community
- Access to IPS staff to express opinions and seek assistance.
- Benefits of membership in APA, including the American Professional Agency, Inc., medical malpractice insurance specifically designed for psychiatrists.